A 10 Finger "Woo" Kind of Day!

Hi everyone!  Do you ever have one of those days where everything just falls into place and you feel so satisfied about the day?  That's how I feel about today!  Here's how it went:

1)  I started off my day here:

{Anyone know where I am??}
{It might have something to do with the title of my post...}

I am in Canton, Ohio with my friend, Amanda, learning about Whole Brain Teaching from Chris Biffle, himself!  I used random components of WBT last year and am pumped to utilize it even more this year.  Today's focus was on classroom management and tomorrow's focus is lesson design and delivery... can't wait!  The conference was packed with teachers!!!  New to WBT?  Check out the Whole Brain Teaching website {every resource is FREE!} or search for WBT on YouTube to see some teachers in action!     

2) My next spectacular moments involve food and drink! :)  For lunch, Amanda and I ate at Sonic and I got one of my favorite drinks! 
{That's a real fruit lime slush.... om nom nom nom!!!}  {source}

For dinner, we used the app Urban Spoon {check it out if you're not familiar!} and found a local sushi restaurant.  My favorite sushi is cucumber and avocado... which I realize is not very adventurous... but it's delicious!!!  

Yum!!!!!!   {source}

3)  Next up, was a pretty powerful event.  Chris Biffle (creator of Whole Brain Teaching) invited us back to the Walsh University campus in the evening for a Whole Brain Life look of the life of Jesus.  Using WBT techniques, Chris taught us 40 moments in the life of Jesus... with a whole lot of gestures!  The whole idea is that many people proclaim to be Christians, but can't actually tell very much about the life of Jesus {I am definitely in this category!}  By putting 40 events in Jesus' life with gestures and key words, I feel like it will help me to remember much more about His life.  It was very intriguing because I was not familiar with every event, so now I have some reading to do!  Here is the document where Chris explains the 40 events if you are interested in reading more!

A Whole Brain Life of Jesus

    
4) After some good education, yummy food, and Jesus time, it was time for some exercise.  Amanda and I found a running path around the university and I am thrilled to share that I ran the furthest distance I've ever run in my life!!!  I made it up to three miles tonight, which is an entire mile longer than my last record of 2 miles! :-)  Yes, I realize that it's not a whole lot.... but remember, I am a novice runner!!!  I am very proud of myself!  A major shout out to Amanda for keeping me alive during the run!


Sooo that was my day!  Now I am happy to be in my comfy hotel bed catching up on my Google Reader feed!  I am so excited by how well my giveaway is going!  Did you enter yet?!!  If not, click on the link below to have a chance of winning a Target gift card and 12 great items from awesome teachers!




While you are at it, check out some other sweet giveaways going on right now!
These bloggers are offering all sorts of good stuff, including TPT goodies and gift cards!



16 comments

  1. Thanks for the shout out! Just realized you are from Ohio too!

    A Pirates Life for Us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am! I am in Northwest Ohio, what about you?

      Delete
  2. Wow! I'm so jealous. I would have loved every part of your day!
    Jenny

    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the life of Jesus handout. Thanks for sharing.I can't wait to see how you implement WBT. Loving your blog!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it! Thanks Michele :)

      Delete
  4. Ahh I'd love to be a WBT conference! Can't wait to see what you have to say about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness I wish I was there with you! I am so curious about WBT and have looked at their free resources several times. Thank you for sharing so much good stuff. I awarded you The Versatile Blogger Award. Head on over to my blog to get it.
    -Carol
    Mrs. Cobb's Kinder Sprouts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their free stuff is wonderful, but you should definitely look into seeing a conference in person! The YouTube videos are great, too, if you aren't able to see it in action. Thanks for the award!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for visiting my site and leaving a footprint. I am now following you and have entered your giveaway! Congrats on your 100+ followers!
    Amy
    Where Seconds Count

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your experience at the WBT conference. I so wanted to go, but had summer school commitments here. :( Congrats on your run!
    Lisa
    Fourth and Ten
    Like Fourth and Ten on Facebook!
    Formerly Stories From Second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer, wish you could have made it!! I am so proud of myself for the run, but I am definitely starting to feel the pain!

      Delete
  8. I am sooooo jealous!
    keep posting!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sooo Jealous! I have been reading about WBT all summer and cant wait to try it out this year! I would have loved to have gone to that!
    Jodi
    Southern Sweetie in Second

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone! I will definitely write about WBT more... but not tonight... I am EXHAUSTED from a long car ride and a whole lot of gesturing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohmagoodness, HOW did you have energy for a run?! You go girl!! I think I sank 10 inches into the mattress after Day 1 and didn't open my eyes until 15 minutes after my alarm was going off on Day 2 :) :) Seriously, most engaging and exhausting conference ever!

    Just sent you an email!

    ~Stephanie
    3rd Grade Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I think I had energy because I was exhilarated! {And because my friend told me to keep running when I thought I was dying!} I am soooo tired right now!

      Delete

Back to Top