Blog Award Central!

I have been blogging for just over three weeks now and have been slacking in the thank you department for blog awards!  So sorry.  I want to thank all of the wonderful bloggers who have awarded me so far!  I just love this community!  I have been hunting around for bloggers who have not received any awards, but it seems as if these awards traveled around like crazy these past few weeks!!!  If you are a new blogger, please comment so I can check out your blog and award you!

Here are the awards I have received:







And here are the lovely bloggers who awarded me.  Make sure you check out their awesome blogs!


Check out those neat Chrystal Effects markers she posted about recently!




A team of wonderful 2nd grade bloggers!


A brand new blogger who will soon be teaching in Thailand! 




MissVsBusyBees
Check out Sara's site... she's my new blogging friend!


iTeach1:1
You have to check out this blog for wonderful techie posts!

Stoltenberg
A wonderful Whole Brain Teaching blogger!

Miss A's Kindergarten
Check out all of Sarah's technology tutorials!!!

Another new blogger!




TimeOuts and Tootsie Rolls
Lots of fun and style over here!

Linda always has very cute ideas on her blog!


Another brand new blogger!!


Thank you soooo much, everyone!



Here are my seven random facts that go with the Versatile Blogger Award:

1)  My family has a golden doodle named Izzy.  I am convinced that golden doodles are the cutest dog breed in the world!  She has such a sweet temperament, too!  Here she is:

She thinks that she's a lap dog...

How could you not love this dog?!

2)  This might not be a surprise if you read my About Me section... last summer, I spent three weeks teaching kindergarten in Ghana, Africa.  It was incredible.  I will blog more about it soon :)

This is my kindergarten classroom in Ghana!

3)  I received my master's degree in Community Counseling and am a licensed Professional Counselor in Ohio.  I did my internship at two private practices and a safe house for girls who are at risk for human trafficking.  I kind of sort of want to become a school counselor, but am afraid that I will miss having a classroom!

4)  I am absolutely afraid of needles {had to get 3 shots for Africa... first shots I've had since my kindergarten booster shots if that tells you anything about my phobia!!!} and house centipedes {worst bug in the world}.  I could use some counseling ;)  Don't know what a house centipede is?  Thank your lucky stars you've never had one of these in your shower:

My heart is racing just looking at this picture!!!!!!  

5)  I have been house hunting for a few months!  I still live at home {shhhh!} and am more than ready to have my own space where I can pile up my school work wherever I want!  I haven't been able to find many houses in the right location, so I just emailed a builder yesterday to see if I could afford to build... eeek!

6)  In high school and college, I played keyboard in two rock bands!  It was me and 5 guys :-)  We "toured" around Ohio and Michigan and even recorded cd's in recording studios!  Unfortunately, we were horrible!  Here I am in my rock star glory days:

Those were the days :)

7)  Like many of you wonderful bloggers, I am an extreme perfectionist!  To say that I am detail oriented is an understatement.  My second grade team makes fun of me because they know that I will redo/remake/retweak anything they give me!  Ohhhh perfectionism... it's a blessing in disguise! 

Ok, that's all for now!



7 comments

  1. I'm the same way. Everything has to have cute font and match my room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ughh I know... it's a terrible problem!

      Delete
  2. Hi Kate! Thanks for visiting my blog! Your blog is great and it's awesome to see another second grade teacher out there. Congrats on the award and I look forward to reading more about Africa.

    Heather at TeachItToday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate,
    What part of Ohio are you in? My husband and I are currently building after not finding what we wanted on the market preexisting. I never thought we would be able to build a house, but I was pleasantly surprised that we could. Our builder had an incentive deal on their options, and offered us a large portion of our closing costs by financing through them. We live in Southwestern Ohio and are building with M/I Homes. Long comment short, it doesn't hurt to meet with a builder, you might be surprised!
    Lisa
    Fourth and Ten
    Like Fourth and Ten on Facebook!
    Formerly Stories From Second

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top