7.30.2012

Meeting blogging friends in real life!

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to attend the Michigan Blogger Meet Up!  Funny thing is, I actually live in Ohio… but the MI Meet Up was closer to home than any Ohio meet up has ever been!  The meet up was hosted by three fabulous ladies, Maria (Be the Difference), Kimberly (Funky First Grade Fun), and Erin (Kleinspiration).  We enjoyed some great conversation, treats, and even a giveaway!  I loved getting to meet all of the bloggers in real life ;)

Special thanks to Maria for sharing her photos with us and creating the image below! 

Here are some photos from the event:

blogger meet up{Meet my new friends!}

  1. Bethany & Rich @ BSquared Learning
  2. Katie Gordan
  3. Me :)

DSC_0109

Treat bags filled with homemade cookies! 

{I may or may not be eating one {{or two}} right this very minute… yum!!}

DSC_0110

Cute little treat cups filled with stuff that teachers love!

DSC_0112

This is most likely a photo of Erin Klein convincing us all to make a Twitter account!  Gotta love positive peer pressure… I made an account last night!  {I have no idea how to use it.  All I know is that there is a whole lot of RT # @ going on!}  If you want to join in on the Twitter fun madness, watch Erin’s video below to see how to get started!  You can also follow me by clicking on the “t” in my sidebar… but I will warn you once again that I have no idea what I’m doing…

After the meet up, Karla and I continued the extravaganza by going to Target, Home Depot, and T.G.I. Friday’s!  This was actually my second time meeting Karla in real life—met her last week at the Differentiated Instruction in Chicago.  She’s the best!  Check out my Target find below!  {Thank you Michigan target for being well-stocked!  Gotta love how the check-out guy knew instantly that Karla and I are teachers!}

photo (7)

That’s 24 Snap-Its right there, folks!  I am convinced that these are going to help me solve the Case of the Disappearing Pencils that seems to occur in my classroom EVERY year!  Seriously, where do all of our pencils go?!  My plan is to number each Snap-It with student numbers.  Then, after my students have taken the “I will guard my pencil with my life” oath, I will pass them out and have students snap them on!  {I will hide every other pencil… no pencils without Snap-Its allowed!}  Pencil on the floor?  No problem.  Check the Snap-It number and return it!   Sighhhhh… if only it were this easy… but for now, I will dream that this will solve all of my pencil problems!!!

On another note, we are allowed to return to our classrooms this week!  Let the madness begin!!!!!!!

16 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Snap-its! I have to get some!!It sounds to me like you have solved half the pencil problem. Now you just have to come up with a way to keep them sharp:)
    The Common Core Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh don't get me started on pencil sharpeners!! That's Classroom Problem #2!!

      Delete
  2. It was SO great to meet you this weekend!!! Thanks for making the drive in... hope we can do another one soon!!!

    :)
    Christina
    *Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful meeting you, too! Happy to say that I have now met you in real life :) (I think that takes me out of the stalker category, right?!)

      Delete
  3. I have pencils with computer labs return please with my dog theme on it, then teachers (since many students are in and out of my room) know its mine. A coworker has pencils with stolen from Mrs. Hughes room on it, LOL......

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blogger meet-up looks like so much fun! I'm jealous!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a blast, Kate! Can't wait to do an Ohio meet up :)

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like SO much fun!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was fun to hang! Hope to meet up again sometime soon! Hope those snap-its cure all :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm dying to go to a blogger meet-up but am simultaneously scared of it. I guess all those "don't talk to strangers" lectures I got from my parents when I was a kid really sunk in! haha.

    I have never heard of snap-its... but of course, now I have to go check and see if my local Target has them. :) I'm anxious to know if they help cure your pencil problems this year!

    ~Mrs. K. from The Teacher Garden Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I was scared too! {and a lot of the other bloggers admitted they were nervous, as well!} I promise that bloggers are a lot more friendly than strangers :)

      Delete
  9. Kate,

    So I found your blog on Pinterest from a post you did on Scootpad. Loved your post. I got lost in your blog. I've been hopping all over. Then, I scrolled down and saw your MI Meet Up post.

    It was an OMG moment - I didn't realize this was YOU!!! How fun!

    I simply love your site. You post quality resources and share the application of how they relate to your classroom. ...and you teach second grade??? So do I. I can't realize I didn't make these connections at the meet up.

    Now that I've rambled enough. I just wanted to say Hi and I love your site.

    Cheers,

    Erin Klein
    Kleinspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Too funny :) Glad you found me!

      Delete
  10. I'm so glad that someone is lost with Twitter! lol... I have an account, but I feel so uncool and dorky when I try to tweet and figure out what's going on. My goal is to figure it out and actually use it by Christmas.... kind of a new school year resolution, I guess. Sounds like you guys had fun at your meet up!

    Erin
    First with Franklin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin! Keep me posted about Twitter! I still have no idea what I'm doing, but I have really liked it so far!

      Delete

 

Design By Sour Apple Studio | All Rights Reserved