How I Spent My Day :)

Here is what I did not do:

1) Prepare items for my classroom

2) Work on my unit plans

3) Clean my closet

4) Go for a run

5) Blog surf, Pinterest stalk, Tweet, or do any of my usual techie tasks…

I had to do something all day, right?!…

I made a TPT product just in time for tomorrow’s sale!!  I was feeling a bit sad that I couldn’t have a sale in my store tomorrow {this is because I only have one item in it… and it’s free!}.  So I spent all day destroying my eyes while I figured out how to make a product in PowerPoint! {By the way, it’s very easy, once you figure out the gist!}  Not going to lie… it might have taken me one two three four five six+ hours to make.  {Probably could have done it in two hours or less if I wasn’t so crazy about lining things up!}.  Without further ado, here it is:

iStudentcover

I created iStudent to be used as an All About Me book with a techie feel!  This would be perfect to use as a part of your Back to School unit or in an All About Me unit.

iStudent

First, students will design their app cover page by creating a small image for each app.

iStudent2

Then, each app has a corresponding writing page for students to design.  I have included two types of writing pages for each app—primary lines and upper elementary lines.  I am also happy to customize the book for a small fee to meet your students’ needs {just send me an email!}

sale

Of course, I will be joining in the fun and putting my store {…or one item…} on sale beginning at midnight tonight!!!  Please please please let me know what you think about iStudent either in a comment here or on TPT {once you buy it :-D }

And, just for kicks, I will send a free copy of iStudent to the first three people who comment on this post {and leave their email address}.  Big time bonus points if these three people can proof iStudent and let me know what they think!!!

 

Happy shopping!!!!

28 comments

  1. Yay
    I love it
    missnelsonattpt@yahoo.com
    Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very cute! Good work! :)

    Tales of An Elementary Teacher
    eangelakos@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed it, but wanted to tell you that I LOVE it!! It is such a cute idea! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lisa! :) I had a lot of fun making it... even if it did take me FOREVER!

      Delete
  4. That is so cute!! I have not tried anything i PPT yet... I did all my things in word. And have taken a temporary hiatus on creating things because I have to get caught up again! Hopefully soon I will figure out how to do it in ppt though.
    Gina
    Third Grade Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina! Up until this summer, I used Word for everything. I always thought it was strange that people were creating files in PP... but it truly is SO much easier. Everything stays where you put it-- unlike Word, which goes crazy when you add images! If you need any pointers once you get started, I might be able to help. Just let me know!

      Delete
  5. I just put it in my cart!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yayyy!! That makes me so happy!! Perhaps you'll be my first purchase ever!

      Delete
  6. This is so adorable! I just figured out how to make stuff in Power Point too and I'm addicted. Now I realize why some units people post are so expensive! Every penny is well deserved! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where is the cute iphone graphic from!? I love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this!!! Reminds me of the iDad Father's Day craftivity. My ids love everything apple related...so does their teacher, ha. So I am sure this will be a BIG hit with yours!

    ❤ -Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! I had fun making it! iDad?! That sounds adorable! (Ok, I just searched for it... so cute!) I am hoping the iphone feel will get my students motivated to write!

      Delete
  9. We had a grade level meeting today and I brought this to show my team they LOVED it!!!! I gave them your TPT link and they are all going to buy it!!!!!! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayy!!! That just made my day :) I'm so glad it's going to get a lot of use!!

      Delete

Back to Top