Just keep swimming…

Here’s what I’ve been up to:



That’s a lot of cutting, laminating, sorting, organizing, labeling, making….. ahhhhhhh!!!

I’ve been working a lot in my classroom as this coming week is “go time!” Monday is teacher work day, Tuesday is professional development day and open house, Wednesday is last minute prep day (haha we actually have the day off, but you know I’ll be there!), and on Thursday, the students arrive!

On top of back to school madness, I’ve been busy with some wedding festivities for my friend! Today was the wedding shower and last night was the bachelorette party. We went to dinner and had a dance lesson! Not just any kind of dancing… Latin dancing AND aerial suspension dancing… ohmyword.

Needless to say, I’ve been busy! And I will probably continue being very busy for the next month or 10. I have one last thought to leave you with…. look at what I found on CLEARANCE!!!



Ohhhh how I love Smencils!!!

Run to the check-out aisle of your nearest Michaels (but don’t run to MINE because I want to buy more)! I can’t remember how much I paid for them, but they were cheap!!

Ok, back to work…

16 comments

  1. Hey girl! Hang in there - your blog & bloggy friends will be here anxiously awaiting your return but take care of you, first! :)

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara :) I could use a good massage and pedicure this week!

      Delete
  2. Glad mine's not the only one who's house has been overtaken with school stuff like that! My dining room table is a catastrophe!

    :)
    Christina
    *Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain!!! I just keep piling and re-piling!

      Delete
  3. I've been so busy. At daily 5/cafe conference in Atlanta and start school on Monday. Love those pencils. Great find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hang in there and enjoy the conference!

      Delete
  4. That aerial dancing looks like so much fun! Good luck with back to school!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara :) I am SORE from aerial dancing today!

      Delete
  5. So curious...what exactly is a smencil? Aerial dancing sound like fun!! I've been stressed about lack of bloggy posts too but I think it comes with the time of year. Once we're back in the teaching groove though, that's where the best posts start coming back!! :)

    ❤ -Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smencils are scented pencils!! They make them in a million scents and the kids love them. They are usually pretty pricey, so the ones on clearance were a great deal! http://www.smencils.com/

      Delete
  6. We started back last Wednesday! I think the anticipation of that first day is the hardest! You always feel like there is so much more to get done! Oddly enough, I always feel better when school starts because at that point what you have done will have to be good enough!! :)
    Lisen:)
    www.wearesecondgradesmartypants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that "so much more to do" feeling the whole year :) I have never been able to figure out how to get rid of it :)

      Delete
  7. I am in love with your blog design! I'm a second grade teacher too!!! Would love for you to stop by sometime!
    Tori
    Tori's Teacher Tips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tori! I will come stop by!

      Delete
  8. I spy my little welcome banner in your stack of things to laminate! Haha. My floor is always a hot mess when I bring that thing out. :) I'm currently in the 'just keep swimming' mindset too! Can't wait until everything settles down! Love your blog and just added your button (finally) to the 'blogs' page. Sorry it's take a while, I'm trying to get caught up on blog things since school has started.

    Ashley
    The School Supply Addict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE your welcome banner! I hung it in a little window above my classroom door. Thanks so much for adding my button! We have a three day weekend and I cannot wait to get caught up with blogging this weekend!

      Delete

Back to Top