Best Books for Boys Linky Party

BestBooksforBoyslinkyparty.001

I have the habit of bookmarking Linky Parties until I find a rainy snowy day to catch up on blogging!  I just remembered that I bookmarked Swimming Into Second’s Best Books for Boys linky party… time to link up!  As I have mentioned before, I have a major addiction to buying picture books for my classroom.  Here are a few of my favorite books for boys…

These 2 are fantastic!  They are graphic novels/comic books/drawing books. 

 

We all know that boys love ANY subject matter involving underpants!  Aliens Love Underpants is a classic.  The sequel Dinosaurs Love Underpants is also great!

Hilarious!  This one is written in the style of the Pigeon books.  Love it!

                       

You know Robert Munsch, right?!  Author of the classic, Love You Forever.  He also writes funny books!  The above three are my favorites. 

I have a ton of ABC books in my classroom.  SuperHero ABC’s is always the boys’ favorite… possibly because “v” has something to do with vomit!

My boys AND girls love this one.  The animals are so ugly, they’re cute!

              

Jerry Pallotta…. one of my favorite authors!  His ABC books are fantastic for boys {you can even go to his website to learn about the hidden secrets in his books}.  Also, the “Who Would Win?” series is always very popular in my room—Scholastic has books from the series for sale pretty often!

                

Moving past picture books, the above series of books are very popular with my boys who are reading at higher levels!

Let me know if you have any questions about the books I shared.  Don’t forget to link up!

7 comments

  1. Thanks for linking up. These are all great choices and I hadn't heard of most of them. Have a great day Kate!

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! And thanks for hosting the Linky Party!

      Delete
  2. Those are some great books I will have to check out. I love Robert Munsch too! I am hosting a giveaway and would love for you to stop by and check it out when you get a chance. Happy New Year!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Jaime! I just visited your blog and joined your giveaway. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad I found you through Best Books for Boys. I will have to find books by Robert Munsch. I haven't read his work before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your book suggestions! My boys love Adventures in Cartooning too. I LOVE your blog and I am you newest follower.

    Simply Second

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love the Adventures in Cartooning series.
    Have you ever had the chance to see Jerry Pallotta present? It's been over a year and we still can't keep the "vs" books on the library shelves. Which is fine because they are so skinny that they would get lost anyway. Kids get them from the "just checked in and need to be shelved" cart.
    Have your kids ever seen any of the Ron Roy mysteries? Or the new Flat Stanleys? I would say they are pretty popular with our 2nd graders. Well. And ANY graphic novel. It's interesting helping them find the "just right" ones as they are shelved along with graphic novels more suitable for our upper grades. Ah, the school teacher librarian. Balancing finding the "just right" book with allowing freedom to choose and not turning library visits into "no, no, no that's too hard for you."

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top