Resolutions & Currently

Happy New Year!  Now that the big countdown is over, the next countdown begins… one and a half more days of break left for me!  How about you?  Before I go into “to-do-list” mode today, I’m stopping by blog-land to link up with Farley’s Currently and Amanda’s Resolution Linky.

currentlyallHere is my Currently for January…

currently january

Listening: Have you ever seen Hardcore Pawn?  Don’t judge… it’s one of those guilty pleasure tv shows!  If you haven’t seen it, there’s a marathon on TruTV right now!  If you need a few laughs, this is the show for you!

Loving: I’ve had a few too many pajama days during this Christmas break… and I’m not going to complain about it one bit!

Thinking: Pretty sure I’ve never done a Currently without mentioning something about my to-do-list!  Let’s just say I have a LOT to get done in the next day and a half!

Wanting:  Oh how I’d love to get away!  I am craving beach and sunshine right now!  Spring break blogger meet-up vacation, anyone?!

Needing and One Little Word:  FOCUS.  I tend to dabble in too many areas at once.  It has a lot to do with my Goal ADD that I mentioned the other day.  It’s time to narrow down a few areas in my life {see below!} and focus.

                                                                    Source: leonalane.typepad.com via Kate on Pinterest

 

Teaching Maddeness

Here are three of my personal goals for the year.  Three areas where I can use some focus:

1) Faith: My daily devotional time disappeared at the end of this last year.  This year, I’m starting fresh.  Coincidentally, the plan I am going to start is called Fresh Start.  I am going to be reading with the She Reads Truth Community.  Looking forward to focusing on God’s truth for my life.

2) Fitness: What’s a New Year’s Resolution without a fitness goal?  I’m really good at focusing on running for about three weeks… then my focus fades!  I really enjoy running on the trails by my school in the springtime.  I DO NOT enjoy running in the winter.  I am going to attempt to spend some quality time on the treadmill this winter, in hopes of being able to spend a longer amount of time on the trails this spring!

3) Balance:  I love that many of you used Balance as your One Little Word!  I need to focus on the way I balance my life.  I spend far too much time on the computer.  While I love the blogging community, Pinterest, Facebook, and technology, I need to start adding some other hobbies back into my life!  I would like to start dabbling in photography.  I also hope I find a house soon so I can decorate and learn to cook and be domestic! 

I hope you all enjoy your final moments of break!  Stay tuned for my 350 follower celebration!

23 comments

  1. Omg a beach vacation would be so nice right now! I am your newest follower! :)

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! I can hear the waves! :) Thanks for stopping by and following!

      Delete
  2. Love your goals! Wishing you the best in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need some sunshine too! I found you through the Farley's linky! I love your blog design! I am your newest follower!

    Happy New Year
    Tonya
    Tonya’s Treats for Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 2013 friend!
    I'm trying get over the fact that you only have 1 1/2 days left of break. Don't FOCUS on that girl! Enjoy those pj's while ya can.
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Hardcore Pawn! But I can't stand Ashley. She's so....Argh! Lol. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hours later... we are STILL watching it! :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Kate,

    My school is in search of some new iPad apps and I remembered that you had a few iPad like products in your TpT store... So I gave your blog and TpT store a little shout out on my blog post! Please check it out.

    Happy New Year,
    Brittany
    at Keeping Up With First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Headed over to check it out :)

      Delete
  7. It almost feels wrong to not be in pajamas all day during Christmas break, doesn't it? I started "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young today and I'm going to check out She Reads Truth. Good luck with your resolutions! I think I'll link up with Amanda, too!

    Happy New Year! :)

    Bren P.
    The Teacher Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  8. Giggling at your Hard Core Pawn and shamelessly admitting we watched a marathon today. I kept saying, "I think we saw this one already." but really they fight and argue and there are absurd customers every episode so it is hard to tell haha! Today was my last PJ day!
    Sent From My iPad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! So glad I'm not the only fan! We only live an hour from Detroit and are very tempted to visit the store! {with bullet-proof vests, of course!} So sorry that today was your last pj day... I will wear mine proudly tomorrow in honor of everyone going back to work!

      Delete
  9. Focus would be Aood one or me too. Good luck!

    Heather
    room 4 imagination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I am currently focusing on my to-do pile right next to me! :)

      Delete
  10. Focus would also be a perfect goal for me. In fact, right now I am typing this comment to you while there is a pile of towels on my bed and I have 6 hours until I have to be up to go to school tomorrow. . . . add me to your prayer list. :)

    Casey
    Second Grade Math Maniac
    Second Grade Freebies

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know, I have troubles focussing, too. At first I thought it was an age thing but then I realized it's just because I've found so many fun things to do, it's hard to focus on just one. Could be worse:)
    Take care.

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I agree! At least lack of focus keeps me busy :)

      Delete
  12. Thanks for becoming my newest follower. I'm following you now too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your post sounds so much like me! I need to run again, I need to find a condo still!, I keep stealing my dad's "big" camera and playing around with it wanting to learn more, I need the focus too and to get off the computer! Ha! Glad I'm in good company! I think a spring break blogger meet up in warm sunshine is a super idea... when is your break? I'm off March 25- April 1 It's a weird one this year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. As soon as I get home everyday, the pajamas pants go on! A girl needs comfort, right? Thank you for the reminder to "focus". I could use that in those three areas as well, especially faith.
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is literally the first thing I do! I put down my teacher bag, go upstairs, wash my make-up off, and put on my pj's! Good luck with your focus. Do you use the You Version Bible app? I have found that the devotionals on there help me stay on track... there are a ton of topics to choose from!

      Delete

Back to Top