Technology Integration

It’s a good thing one of my resolutions didn’t have anything to do with blogging more than once a week!  I knew Christmas Break was too good to be true!  What a WEEK!  Is it Friday yet?  ;)

I’m just stopping by for a moment to share a great post with you.  I did some Google Reader catch-up tonight and just read a fantastic post by my friend, Karla.  Karla is the mind behind Technology Tailgate and also has her own personal blog called The Connected Teacher.  In her post, she shares her thoughts on technology integration in her classroom.  Karla says,

“I believe technology should be used as a tool in learning just as pencils and books are, it's a seamless integration we don't even think about.  It just is... it's natural and expected.  We don't have "pencil" time, nor should we have "computer time." 

Karla goes on to say, “My students are utilizing technology throughout the day, everyday.  However,  only a small portion of our time is ever spent using skill building games.  Skill building games and apps are fantastic when used to reinforce and build specific skills. Technology has so much more potential and so many great uses beyond skill practice and that's where the shift in thinking comes in.”

I encourage you to go read {this post} on Karla’s blog to read more!  It will challenge you to think about the way you are currently using technology in your classroom.  Have a good night!

4 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Kate! I am headed over to read the post now. I can always improve on using technology in my classroom.
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out girl, very appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Enjoy your weekend! :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing:) I'm gonna have to go check it out:) I'm your newest follower:) Have a great weekend:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top