Currently: February

It's that time again!  Hello, Currently February!


Listening: Alex and Sierra were on my Currently last month, too!  I cannot get enough of them.  Head to YouTube or Pandora to check them out!

Loving: My last few Currently's mentioned the home buying process... I'm am thrilled to finally be living in my first home!  There are many things I am loving-- peace and quiet, leaving my school piles wherever I want, and my fireplace!  I have my gas fireplace on 24/7.  Something tells me I will not be loving it as much once I get my first gas bill...

Thinking: Ohio was slammed with snow and cold temperatures in January!  I worked for a grand total of 7.5 days.  We have had 8 snow days andddd are expecting more snow this week.  I am wondering if I will ever be able to teach 5 days in a row again.  

Wanting: Some of my teacher friends and I signed up to run a marathon relay this spring!  I should start running again but NOT in this cold.  I need a treadmill asap!

Needing: My shopping list for my new home is a mile long.  I need to decide my paint colors so I can start shopping!

Two Truths and a Fib

1) I hate cooking... TRUTH!  I am good at many things, but I have no idea how to cook.  I have been in my house for two weeks and I've cooked once.  Anyone want to guess the extravagant item that I made??  A cheese omelet.  I rock.

2) I have taught in Africa... truth!  Read more about it {here}.  

3) I have broken three bones... fib!  I've never broken any bones :)


PS: I am having a little sale in my TPT Store this weekend!  Click on the button below to check out my store.  


You can snag one of my favorite products just in time for Valentine's Day!


Visit my blog tomorrow for something very exciting!!


7 comments

  1. Hi Kate! I'm kinda jealous about your fireplace! It's about the only nice, cozy thing about Winter that I can actually enjoy! I too, dislike the snow and more specifically the COLD! Stay warm!

    Nicole

    Today, in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, your post on Africa looked amazing...what a cool experience!

    Good luck on finding paint colors - that is the hardest part, in my opinion, deciding on a color! I don't mind the paining, but the PICKING can be pretty daunting.

    I'm not really digging the snow either, but in CO when it snows in JUNE - then I really lose it!! It has happened 3 times here, that is too cold for summer. Snow, a little, belongs only in Dec. & Jan. - I guess CO weather isn't for me, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finding your home! That process is always frustrating, but exciting once everything works out. I don't know how you guys are doing it with all the snow days! We've only had 2, but it's thrown everything off a little bit.

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I hate cooking too. I'm just horrible at cooking. I hear ya on the 5 days in a row business. This is crazy. Worried about what it might mean for June. Oy...
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, hate to cook. I can do it, but I don't have fun doing so. I think it probably has something to do with the stress of pleasing all the people who are going to eat it + the huge mess I inevitably have to clean up afterwards. :)

    I've been a "follower" of yours for a while, but I slack a lot in my blog reading during the school year, so I must have missed the post about you teaching in Africa. WAY COOL!

    Hope the snow clears up!

    ~Mrs. K. from The Teacher Garden Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new home! Just got done reading up on your blog actually and had a quick question. I was hoping that you could email me back when you get the chance. Thanks!

    Emily : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily,

      I do not have your email address. You can email me at edukate.inspire@gmail.com. Thanks!

      Delete

Back to Top