Meet the Teacher Blogger!


It has been awhile since I've participated in an all about me link-up, so I was excited to see Stephanie's Meet the Teacher Blogger Linky!  I am a 28 year old 2nd grade teacher from Ohio.  I cannot believe that this is my 8th year teaching {6 years in 2nd, 1 year in 1st, 1 year in Pre-Primary Montessori).  

I just went back to school this weekend to start setting up my classroom and will be very busy there this week!  Our students don't start until next Thursday, but next week is packed with teacher work day, PD day, and meetings... meaning, I better get busy this week!  As overwhelming as a new school year can be, I love the fresh start feeling!  I am sad summer is ending because I will be spending less time with this guy {my nephew turned 1 this summer!}  


I don't have any kids of my own, but I did get two fur babies a few weeks ago!  
Say hello to Charlie and Lola.


Ok, let's do this.


 THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...

My Faith. Family. Traveling. Keurig coffee. Good music. Blog stalking. Photography and art. Snow days. Summer Vacation. Graphic design. Pens. School Supplies. Target. Sleeping. Documentaries. Kittens. Sunsets. Oceans. Ice Cream. Teaching. Counseling. 

 IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?
My dream job would involve getting paid to travel the world!  

If I can't do that, I will be a rockstar.  {True story... I was in a band with 5 guys in college.  I am an extreme introvert, so I loved the whole rockstar gig.}


THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.

Driven. Creative. Curious.  
 
FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________,  SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"

"I love working all day and coming home to do 3 more hours of work!!"

Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?

Ellen for the humor.
Jake Gyllenhaal for the looks.
Jesus for the conversation.

Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?

The Working Title

Ha!  That would showcase my indecisiveness  :)

 Q:YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?
 
Mind reading!

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?

Be on guard. Stand true to what you believe. Be courageous. Be strong. And everything you do must be done with love.  {1 Corinthians 16:13-14}

Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 

Hallelujah {the Rufus Wainwright version!}
But first, I would need the superpower of being able to sing.
 
 Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?

Night Owl. For sure.
 
Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?

I love my iStudent: All About Me Book.  Two years ago, I had a class that was absolutely obsessed with technology, which inspired many techie classroom projects!  Instead of a traditional All About Me book, students create Apps as icons about their life!  They LOVE it!

iStudent: All About Me Book


Q: SHARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU!

I LOVE traveling.  I am also very interested in learning about education in other parts of the world.  A few summers ago, I was able to teach kindergarten for three weeks in Ghana, Africa.  It was one of the best experiences of my life.  You can read more about it {here}.

 ************************************************************************
Now, it's your turn to link up!  Click the image below and join the fun!


10 comments

  1. OH I just LOVE your three b-day invites!

    Happy new school year to ya!

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quote and the fact that you taught for a bit in Africa! How cool!

    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an Ohio girl too!! Your nephew is a cutie patootie (I have 3 nieces myself), your fur babies are too cute, and I can't wait to read about your travels!

    Suzanne
    CreateEducateInspire

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Kate! I did learn some new things about you. How fun! I was particularly interested in your Ghana trip. My niece who is 20 just spent 10 weeks there this summer. She worked in an orphanage near Acra. I shared your blog post with her. I think she will enjoy reading it too.
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, the rock band threw me... Is that you back there in the pic? Piano?? I need more details about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate! I love your cats! I have three myself. And the rock band thing! Wow is all I can say. Do you ever play for talent shows at your school? Your kids would love it!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! I'm so glad I got some fur babies this summer to keep me company! Haha, I haven't ever played for our talent show, but my band made a CD that I play at the end of the year :)

      Delete
  7. It is so much fun to read more about you!! I love it! Rockstar....WOW!! But my favorite part of your post...the kittens!! They are so so so so so cute. I just want to snuggle them :)
    em

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that you're a rockstar!! Never would've guessed!!

    Halle
    Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top