1. I LOVED my year of teaching in a Montessori school. I taught in the pre-primary classroom in the morning (ages 3-5) and then taught in the kindergarten classroom in the afternoon. Montessori gave me a great foundation in individualized instruction and meeting the needs of the whole child.
2. I tend to be overly organized and have a system for everything! My teammates laugh when I pull everything out of my cabinets at the end of the school year to re-organize it. I also love to plan for the school year. Before every year begins, I create a scope and sequence of the year. It is a challenge for me to be able to create weekly plans without seeing the big picture first!
3. After 8 years of teaching, I will be leaving the classroom this upcoming school year. It is bittersweet, but I am so excited for the next chapter of my career. More info on the big move is coming soon! :)
1. I have attempted to train for many races, but I have finally made the commitment to train for my first half marathon this fall! I have my running plan set up and have signed up for the race (Detroit Free Press). I am training with four other teachers on my staff. Running is very challenging for me and it makes such a difference having friends to train with.
2. I do not have children, so I have become a mom to my two crazy cats, Charlie and Lola. They are just over a year old and it's basically like I am living with toddlers. I probably have more pictures of my cats than you do of your kids. Everyday is a new adventure...
The collage below is dedicated solely to Charlie's antics! I should probably start a blog just about him. He gets into EVERYTHING. Thank goodness he is cute and cuddly.
I would love love love to go on a hot air balloon ride! When I was in elementary school, I won a coloring contest and was supposed to be able to go up in a balloon. When the day came, it was too windy and they never rescheduled the event. I am still bitter. Someday, I will get the chance again!! Bonus points if I get to ride in a hot air balloon over the Grand Canyon like they did on The Bachelor.
Ok, that's all for now! Visit my blogging friend below to link-up and grab the images for your own 3-2-1 Bio post!